miércoles, 28 de enero de 2009

Bye Bye Baby Sis!

My old/new best friend left on Friday, to start her new life. Her Happy life. Her not being afraid anymore life. No more constantly looking over your shoulder, no more pulling all the weight, now you have someone who will share the load with you. No more crouching in the corner for fear of being hit again. No more depression. Just sunshine and the great big smile on your beautiful face. I can hear your laugh and I laugh too. That is a wonderful sound. A sound I've not heard in too long. It echos in my ears and I can't help but smile. I am so happy to have you back. Although you now live further from me than ever, you are closer to me. For too long you were so far away, but only accross town. He kept you to himself for fear you would open your eyes. You opened them anyway, and I am proud. Mom cried that we just got you back and now you're leaving, but you haven't gone, and we still have you. I've got you in your renewed spot in my heart and that will never change, no matter where you are. So go little one and make your new life. Pursue happiness with all the passion and intensity that I know is inside you. Know with everything you are that you deserve every prized minute of it! I am glad for the time we had and the times to come. I love you and I am so proud of you. Thank you for breaking the cycle, for having the courage to know that you are a diamond. For overcoming incredible darkness and striving for the light. And pulling yourself right into the middle of it and screaming "I'm not leaving!" And really staying there. It's easy to remain complacent, It's easy to settle and just reserve yourself to the facts of your life, it's easy to just go along, not making any waves. You showed everyone that you are so strong, you said "no more" and meant it. You transformed before my eyes from a frightened little girl to a strong, young woman with passion and conviction. And you aren't going to ever settle, and I am happy for that. So, bye bye little sis, see you at Christmas! :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario