miércoles, 28 de enero de 2009

We are stronger than you..

They say that God doesn't give you
more than you can handle.
Sometimes I wonder...
I've been so angry lately
so angry that I feel like I'm gonna blow
Then I get a grip.
This is the kind of helpless anger
you literally feel like your head could explode.
I hate helpless anger
anger that you can't do anything about.
Well I could do plenty about it
but being a "grown-up" with responsibility
I do the right thing.
I hate sitting indolently
watching the people I love being hurt.
Watching my Momma cry at the hands
of a soulless, spineless coward.
When she was the only one
to give him the benefit of a doubt.
She was the only one....
believe me.
Hearing that my Dad was threatened again.
The anger fills my head
I want to scream.
Six years it's been
now we're forced to live it again
Re-hashed through the words
of an emotionless black hole
Molded and twisted to suit his purpose
he tells a half truth of a man
he never did see
Who was a million times
the man he'll ever be.
Right before that
he mentioned the whore
and how she left him
Not of how he punched her in the face
not how he slammed her
head into a post.
How many staples did the hospital give her?
Not how she worked
and bought him a car, a truck, a bike, a house
and someone to cut the grass
while he slept till 4
No thanks for the clothes on his back
or the 1000's of dollars worth of shoes.
Only the best for him!
For her depressions and bruise.
"Be nice," he'd say
and I'll let you take a day off
Leave all of this,
was she out of her mind?
Sadly, it was only that she was blind.
No more of that she's opened her eyes.
She deserves better
so she says "goodbye".
But he just can't take
the hit to his pride.
He'll make her pay one way or another
He'll hurt her Dad, her sister
her Mother
He'll kill all of those birds with one stone
He'll chase them, he'll follow them
he won't leave them alone.
That's when he'll dig up their long murdered brother
and write his sick, happy version
 of how his end came to be
He'll drag them all through his murder again
They'll laugh, and make light
of your loved one that's gone.
Only we know the whole truth
that he'll never know
We have each other and
we've been through worse
Our family will survive you
because we are strong
because we stick together
because we love more than just ourselves....
I take comfort in karma,
although sometimes it works slowly....
it always shows up.
Remember the circle
what goes around, comes around....

you pay for what you do..
actions AND words..




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario